LAVENDER NEST

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Three


Three years ago, on the hottest day of the summer, Arte and I started our life together. In those three years we've experienced much, celebrated quite a bit and have experienced all those ups and downs life brings. Each year together, means more and more. 


One of the things I love about my guy and the time we spend together is creating new traditions to look forward to year after year. Celebrating our anniversary on our front porch with candles, shells, sea glass and a couple of lobsters is one of those traditions that is simply us.  

This year we added a couple of new traditions into the mix. The first is celebrating with a mini-wedding cake that is symbolic of the year. I'm sure it will come as no surprise when I tell you the cake was decorated with lavender [I'm still dreaming of those lavender fields from last week], with the actual cake being lemon with a blueberry filling. This tradition has me already thinking and planning next year's cake! 


The second new tradition that we plan to honor in the coming years is creating a 'best of' list from trips and moments we share accompanied by our family photos. This album was created using our 'best of' moments from our recent Maine trip that covers everything from the best meal, best animals we met to best creative and fun moments. It was an incredibly easy album to make and it has me inspired to start taking more photos and actually do something with them to chronicle our days and years. 



No comments:

Post a Comment