LAVENDER NEST

Monday, April 8, 2013

Tea Party


My mom is celebrating a special birthday this month [which one, well, she'd have my head if I shared]. As her only girl, I wanted to make it as special as I could for her without focusing on the number. It really is only a number after all. Next weekend we'll celebrate as a family, but yesterday it was just a couple of us girls and a lot of tea. 


I had way too much fun creating the menu of tea sandwiches, scones, biscuits, selecting teas and decorating. The morning of I started to get nervous that there was too much on the menu and I wasn't going to be able to make it all. And although there were a couple of last minute omissions, it was still a proper tea party. 


Decorating really was the best part for me. Fussing over the details and making things warm and welcoming was what made this tea party extra special, at least in my eyes. 


This no sew bunting hung from each window and was incredibly easy to make. It required not one stitch. Oh how I love hot glue.


More importantly the day was filled with lots of laughter and great company. Each guest was sent home with my special lavender lemon shortbread cookies [shaped like, what other than, tea bags] and I was honored when I asked if they could take home the menu as a keepsake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment