LAVENDER NEST

Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday's Quote


Happy Friday lovelies. The sun is shining and plants are blooming. It's been a cold week, but I'm optimistic that we're going to see warmer days in the weeks to come. There are two things I always look forward to this time of year: spring cleaning and thrifting, especially at garage sales and flea markets.

For as long as I can remember, I have always admired trays like these. They are sophisticated, yet quite feminine. Oh, and I should mention, expensive. Not this one though. All that patience over the years paid off and I was able to score it for five dollars. Unbelievable, right?! I did a double take [no joke].

As I was flipping through the most recent Country Living magazine, I saw this quote and knew I had to share it here with you. 'Thrift is not an affair of the pocket, but an affair of character.' S.W. Straus

And in case you haven't read the most recent CL magazine, it's all about thrifty living and their upcoming Country Living show, which is going to be practically in my backyard. Oh how fun it's going to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment