LAVENDER NEST

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mail Day

There was a time when I would only get the mail once a week. At the time, I didn't receive much of it and what I was receiving was a bunch of junk with a bill thrown in here and there for good measure by the mail system. Nothing exciting. And yet, we all know how good it feels to receive a nice piece of unexpected mail. A pretty card or even a package perhaps. 


Over the past few years, my love of mail has grown tremendously. With emails, texts, and with so much of our lives being online, sending mail seems to be a lost form of art and way of life. It's terribly sad. 

That's one of the reasons why there seems to be great pleasure in sending a piece of mail. It's almost a guaranteed way to brighten someones day. 


As of late, my grandmother is on my mind often and without being able to visit her in the nursing home much more than once a week, I'm trying to send her a piece of fun mail a week. Just a little something to brighten to her day and to let her know she is thought about and loved. So simple and yet, very special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment