LAVENDER NEST

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

R&R


It's all about rest and relaxation these days. Just last week I was emailing with a friend about what we're both up to and she asked me when I relax. Relax? Ha. That's really funny. To be honest, I'm not really sure how to go about that as of late. Taking breaks tend to evoke feelings of guilt. Something that surely needs to be addressed apparently sooner, rather than later because my body has stepped in to enforce some quiet time. 


A case of shingles made their debut over the weekend forcing me to put the brakes on things. Although, I'm not completely comfortable, mentally, with this whole slow down and rest thing, I am parking myself on the couch with tea, magazines, and creative inspiration to get me back on my feet when I'm feeling better and to help me feel connected to the things I love. 


These photos were taken a couple of weeks ago, at one of my favorite shops, Paper Trail, where paper treats hang on walls, adorn mannequins and table tops. The upside of slowing down has meant having some extra time to go through photos taken on the go with my iPhone and... enjoying them. 

How do you relax and make time for yourself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment