LAVENDER NEST

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's Tuesday


It's Tuesday, can you believe it? Truth be told, I'm having a hard time believing it. I'm told it's Tuesday. The calendar says it's Tuesday and yet it seems like it was Saturday just yesterday. Maybe it's because Saturday was pretty close to a perfect day. 


I headed two hours south to the Duchess County Sheep and Wool Festival. My whole interest in the festival kind of cracks me up since I don't knit. Or should I say, I don't knit very well. I tend to talk too much when I knit, which is just the opposite with other creative projects. When I paint, I am oh so quiet....anywhooo....I digress.  


The back road ride was stunning and matched with equal beauty at the festival with all the yarns and roving. Roving is what I really was on the hunt for. There's a shop locally here that carries roving, but the colors I'm looking for have been hard to come by and I needed to stock up. It was well worth the trip. 


When I had my fill of roving, a stroll through the barn had me cooing and sweet talking the llamas and sheep. Don't they make you want to quit your day job and buy a farm? As you can see my love for barnyard animals is present and growing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment