LAVENDER NEST

Monday, July 2, 2012

A Page From My Book


A few weeks ago I found a bunch of old encyclopedias at a garage sale for twenty-five cents each. Not knowing what to do with them all, I picked one out of the bunch that interested me the most (you know, fun topics and good imagery). 


When I went to pay, the woman asked me if I wanted the rest of the set. When I replied, telling her I wasn't sure what I would do with them all, she was quite baffled and asked what I planned on doing with the book.  My mixed media artwork reply didn't seem to make sense either. For a minute there, I didn't think she was going to let me have the book. I think we both tossed it up to, two generations with two very different uses for old books. 


Well, I've had so much fun tearing up that old book, that I somewhat regret not taking the other three books home. I had a bunch of dry-rub on prints hanging around and played with transferring them onto the old pages. When I ran out of transfer images, printing on the old pages seemed just as much fun and has the same visual appearance.


These make great, quick, simple and customizable gifts, especially if you're in a pinch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment