LAVENDER NEST

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Experimenting


Making my own counter top spray was reminiscent of days gone by when I used to play in the kitchen as a kid mixing all sorts of ingredients to find out which combinations would explode and make a mess. These days I'm more interested in cleaning up as few messes as possible and keeping the ingredients non-toxic. My cleaning days of practically knocking myself out with toxic fumes are over. 

Mixing together the ingredients for this spray was as simple as 1,2, 3. If you like immediate gratification and clean counters, then this recipe is for you. 

- 2 Tablespoons of Dr. Bronner's Lavender Castile Soap 
- 2 Tablespoons of White Vinegar 
- 2 Teaspoons of Borax Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon (or a couple drops of lemon essential oil)

Combine ingredients into a 32oz. spray bottle and mix with warm water and shake well. 

If you have any favorite homemade cleaning recipes, I'd love to hear about them. 
Happy Cleaning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment