LAVENDER NEST

Monday, September 26, 2011

Squam Withdrawal


Yep. It’s hit. It was bound to happen though. When something that special makes such an impression on you, how could you not go through a wee bit of withdrawal?! And yet the Squam Art Workshops experience evokes such a deep feeling that it’s actually difficult to articulate. I may never truly be able to do that, but what I do know is that I have more little mental treasures to reminisce over than I did before. And that’s certainly something to celebrate. So here’s my last ditch effort to highlight the joys of Squam:  

*Real laughter. Silly laughter. Full on laughter from the belly. 

*New friends [smile]. My ladies of Bell Tower. 

*Cookie sandwiches for lunch


 *You just never know who you are sitting next to in class. Women from literally around the world. Women who create. Raise families. Sing in operas. The list goes on.

*Eyes wide open.

*Sitting on the dock of the bay…teacher prescribed. Thank you Jen.


*Feeling the world once again. Feeling and seeing what is truly in front of you in all its glory.

*The gift of sharing. Christine’s time, words of encouragement, wisdom and willingness to teach her craft is a gift that lasts. 


*Sleeping in a charming cottage nestled in the woods. Room sized screened in porches.

*More smiling faces than one can remember seeing.

*Sharing stories by the fire.  


*Bonding over burlap in the Sugar House with Maya. Her careful and caring ways of teaching and being were touching.

 

*Giving myself wings to fly back out into the world.

To think, I headed to Squam doubting and wondering why I was going, if I would make friends and I left knowing exactly why the universe put me there. Squam is such a sacred gathering place for modern day women striving to make a homemade life of some sort; trying to re-center and give back to themselves as much as they give to others in their everyday life.

Squam fulfills the soul and sustains a creative life. My dearest thanks to Elizabeth.  

*Until I meet the magic of Squam again, may this happiness thrive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment