LAVENDER NEST

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Projects of the Week

Are the weeks flying by for anyone else or is it just me?!  This past week was over in the blink of an eye.  I seriously had a hard time believing it was the end of the week on Friday. Looking back on the week I’m actually quite pleased to remind myself I managed to fit it some me time/project time.

I took an art class and learned how to make paper out of deli wrap paper…who would have thought? It was quite the simple process too. I was going for a vintage, muted color palette that can be used in background collage pieces. You choose your favorite acrylic paint, water it down a bit and paint the deli paper. With a heat gun, you can speed up the drying time, which is perfect for an inpatient grasshopper like me. Add a few stamps and a black stamp pad into the mix and voila – custom made paper!





We whipped out quite a few pieces. I realized that not thinking about what you’re doing and letting the creative juices roll can be a great way to create a piece of art. That’s how this French inspired, mixed media color palette piece on foam core came to be. And now, every time I look at it, it brings me a little bit of peace because it reminds me of the Zen-like state of being I was in when I made it. Plus it has one of my favorite color palettes…cream, pale yellow, pink and little bit of sea foam green.

Going into this week maybe, just maybe I will be able to hold on to that, "just let it be state-of-mind." 

Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment