LAVENDER NEST

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Memories Galore

These past few days have been unforgettable. They are permanently strung together like pretty white lights in my memory, sparkling and dancing as I drift to sleep each night. Thursday marked my birthday. To me, birthdays are less about getting older and receiving presents and more about celebrating and creating memories that mark the passing of your special day. And that’s exactly what I did with the help of my husband, family, friends and those I met along the way.

The sun graced the day with brilliant, warm rays from sunrise to sunset. I couldn’t help but think that the weather was a sweet wink from Mother Nature saying, “happy day to you.” There’s nothing I like more than being able to frolic in a park on a beautiful day. Storm King provided rolling hills and meandering paths scattered with art sculptures and many picturesque photo opps. 





After a few hours of walking around there was no avoiding the grumbling in our bellies. As a wedding gift, we received a gift certificate to the Culinary Institute, which was a short drive from the sculpture park. How was the food you may ask? Let’s just say, I’ll be going back!

If one wonderful day wasn’t enough, we also spent part of the weekend in Rhode Island! Another park was on the list, Green Animals Topiary Garden in Newport. In my ‘younger’ days I was quite taken with these formal plants. They are a horticulture wonder and when trimmed into whimsical shapes I am quickly won over. And yet, the fun still doesn’t end there (I know, I know...how much more fun can a girl have?!)!




I had the pleasure of meeting one of my favorite bloggers, Christine Chitnis, at her first book signing for Markets of New England. This was truly the icing on the birthday cake. She’s as lovely in person as she is on her blog. After chit chatting for a few and hearing how far we had come, she was utterly gracious and introduced us to her family and friends. The evening and weekend proved that friends, fun adventures and inspiration are still in abundance if only one looks for them. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful birthday! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete